PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Helps to remove excess Kapha (water) dosha (humor) from the body.
- Helps to support the functioning of the liver and kidneys.
- Helps to maintain balanced fluid levels which are already within the healthy state.
- Helps to promote the healthy urinary tract health.
- This herb helps to use healthy water metabolism.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Helps to support healthy body and reproductive organs.
- It works as Rasayana (Longevity enhancer) detoxify and nourishing the various body channels.
- Punarnava Powder enhances the quality of dhatus (tissues) like nutrient plasma (Rasa dhatu), Blood (Rakta dhatu) Muscles (Mamsa dhatu) fat (Meda dhatu) Bone marrow & nerves (Majja dhatu) Reproductive fluids (Shukra dhatu).
- Punarnava is used to support comfortable movement of the joints for those with Kapha (water) constitutions and kapha dosha (humor) imbalances.
- It improves digestive fire (Deepani).
As per Ayurveda
Family Name: Nyctaginaceae
Botanical Name: Boerhavia Diffusa
English Name: Spreading Hogwood
Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Sweet
Virya (Potency): Cooling
Vipaka (Post Digestive effect): Pungent
Effect on Doshas (Humors): Balances all Doshas (humors) especially Kapha (water)
Boerhavia Diffusa L. herb contains the beta-sitosterol, alpha-2-sitosterol, palmitic acid, arachidic acid, hentriacontane, Ursolic acid, hypoxanthine-9-arabinofuranoside, Punarnav Side, two retinoids- boeravinone A, B, C,D, E & F, two new retinoids- repenone & repenol, bothavine etc.Its main chemicals are Punarnav Side (antifibrinolytic glycoside), boeravinone A-E, lignans, flavones, sterols, boeravinone and hypoxanthine-9-L-arabinofuranoside.
Best Source:It occurs abundantly as a weed throughout India, up to an altitude of 2,000 m in the Himalayas.
Punarnava is a combination of two words – “Punar” means again and “nava” means new. Therefore, the herb which rejuvenates and revives the body is called Punarnava.
According to Ayurveda Punarnava brings new life in the human beings by helping several health problems.
It supports the Kidney and Liver Problems.
High quality powder of ayurvedic herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Punarnava Powder with water preferably empty stomach. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Punarnava proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Home Remedies of Punarnava Powder
- Make a paste of Punarnava Powder and apply as a kapha(water)imbalanced dosha
- 1-3 gm Punarnava Powder with a glass of milk once or twice a day acts as a good energy tonic.
- Take 1 tsp Punarnava Powder and a pinch of Sunthi (Dry ginger powder) with milk in inflammatory conditions.
Food to Favor
Low Salt Diet, Green Vegetables (Bitter Gourd, Bottle Gourd, Ridge Gourd, Snake Gourd), Wheat, Green Gram Soup, Fenugreek Seed Powder, Old Cereals of Barley, Wheat, Sali (Brownish Rice – A variety of good Rice) & Sastika Rice (Matured in 60 days) and Meat Soup (Soups of pigeon pea if available).
Foods to Avoid
Avoid eating of pungent things (Black Gram, Lentil – Astringent but pungent after digestion), Hot food (Which is too warm to touch and also hot in potency), Heavy Food (Taken in too much quantity or which takes too much time to digest), Channel Blocking Food (Curd/Yogurt), Sour Things (Corn, Canned Food, Rice).
Avoid high protein diet – Pulses, Black Gram, All Meats, Sea Foods, Acidic/Salty Food, Canned Food, Plain Egg, Curry, Egg-Curry, Fish-Curry, Alcohol/Wine, Plain/Fried Rice, Pickles, Cough productive products (Milk Products), Cold Drinks/Soft Drinks, Ice Cream.
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do any physical activities for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid excessive and heavy exercise.
- Avoid suppression of urine, stool and semen.
- Avoid suppression of thirst, tears, vomiting, hiccup, flatus and hunger.
- Avoid excessive sun bath and coitus.
- Morning walk
- Nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Positive thinking
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- ayurvedic herb
- The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Dhanwantri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Chem Abstr, 1991, 114, 3388; Lami et. al., Chem Pharm Bull, 1990, 38, 1558; Lami et. al., ibid, 1991, 39, 1551, 1869.
- Jain & Khanna, Indian J Chem, 1989, 28B, 163; Ahmed & Chung-Ping Yu, Phytochemistry, 1992, 31, 4382.
- Chakraborti, K.K. and Handa, S.S, Indian Drugs, 1989, v., 27(3), 161-166.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Bhauma, Kathilah, Kathilla, Kathillak, Kathillaka, Kathillakah, Katillah, Krishnakhya, Krura, Lohita, Mahavarsabhu, Mandalpatrika, Nava, Navyaswara, Nila, Nilapunarnava, Nilavarshabhu, Nilini, Pravrishayani, Pravrishenya, Punarbhava, Punarnava, Punarnavah, Raktakanda, Raktapatrika, Raktapunarnava, Raktapushpa, Raktapushpika, Raktavarshabhu, Sarini, Shilatika, Shodhani, Shonapatra, Shophaghni, Shothaghni, Shyma, Sinadika, Sindika, Sophaghni, Sophagni, Sothaghni, Sothagni, Tazutama, Vaishakhi, Varsabhu, Varsabu, Varshabhava, Varshabhu, Varshaketu, Visakha, Visakhah, Vishaghni, Vishakarpara, Vishakharpara, Vrsciva, Vrscivah, Vrusir, Beshakapore, Gadahpurna, Gadhaparna, Sant, Thikri, Ppunarnava, Santhi, Pundera, Purnava, Chinawari, Punarva, Gadhapurna, Sathi, Satha, Purnu, Spreading hog-weed, Punarnova, Gonajali, Kommegida, Sanadika, Adaka puttana gida, Belavadaka, Gaayi, Ganajali, Komme gida, Nadu murukana balli, Rakta punarnava, Talutama, Tamilama, Tavilama, Thazhuthama, Vosu, Ghetuli, Kharaparya, Pandharighentuti, Raktavasu, Vasu, Getulee, Rakthavasu, Kopra sagu, Mukkurattai, Mukaratte, Mukkarattai-kirai, Mukurattai, Mookirathai saranai, Caranai, Caranai ver, Mukkirattai, Mukkuranti, Atikamamidi, Attatamamidi, Ambati madu, Attukamaamidi, Yerra galijeru.
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of
scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.